Friday, September 7, 2012

Rocket Girl: Pulling to Stand

We woke up to a big surprise the other morning.


























She was up all by herself, waiting to blow us away. This is a big first.

After last weeks post about milestones, I thought I was finished for a while.


She proved me wrong about that. This girl is up, up, onto everything, our rocket girl. It was completely unexpected. I thought she was too short, and that she didn't have the grip to get up by herself. We were sitting in the living room, watching her play when suddenly...
Bam.

 Now she is popping up everywhere like its no big thing. By the way, when I say everywhere, It mean even on a neighbor's huge potted plant. We had to wash the dirt out of her mouth.  
We are at the beginnings of a full blown toddler stage, and I love it (at least right now, I'm grateful, but still human). She is getting into everything. She is exploring every room in the house. I say bring it on, because I am just so blown away and thankful.























This book is a winner!

We have been absolutely gushing about this big milestone. Friends and family have told us that walking is just around the corner. It may be, but it may be a while. I am not sure what to expect. All I can do is keep working at it. 






It was a just after her birthday when I felt like I needed to step up my game. Early intervention can be a helpful thing, but after all it has to be the parent working everyday to make it happen. I was inspired when I stumbled upon a book of exercises for gross motor development.



Elina loves this new exercise. She can use the wall for balance while using more muscles and learning that she doesn't have to hold onto a hand to stand up. I can't get over the look of pride on her face each time she does this by herself. She has a lot to be proud of. 

We feel like we are slowly saying goodbye to our baby days. We are not in a rush to see them go, but we are excited for what is coming. 








1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! What an absolute cutie! We have that book, too. I think we have the communication one, too. We need to get fine motor, but I keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...