Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Keepsake Quilting

From when Elina was born until she had her heart surgery, she didn't grow much. In fact there is a pair of premie shorts lingering in the back of her drawer that she wore until recently. 

Before she was born we were warned that babies go through there clothes like crazy. Elina was in size 3 months until she was 10 months! Needless to say, I am pretty attached to some of these outfits, but they have to go, because sister is a big girl now. 

I started making a keepsake quilt of her most loved baby clothes. 




























It was hard to cut them at first! But Mikey and I are not having more kids for a looong time (if at all), so I knew it was what I wanted to do.

 


I have been learning as I go. I have never made a quilt before (or anything else, really).

After starting, I decided I wanted to personalize it. This was followed by about a hundred google searches on how to embroider.
I decided to embroider part of her verse which is Isaiah 62:1. It was too much for me to fit in the space I had though, so I decided to abbreviate it slightly. I ended up stitching, "Her righteousness shines like the dawn, Her salvation like a blazing torch." 





It has taken up a significant amount of time, but I am so excited about how it is coming together. 

More pictures on it as the project continues.

Until then, take a cue from Elina and curl up in your favorite chair.


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...