Monday, August 13, 2012

Making Castles

First pregnancies are a wash of dreams. Every parent spends time fantasizing about the little one on the way. When the ultra sound tells you its a girl, your dreams turn to pigtails, ballet classes, and even future weddings.






















When I was pregnant with Elina I put all of my efforts into her room. We painted her walls, and I painted her special verse above where her crib would be. When we found out Elina had Down Syndrome, putting my heart into Elina's space also helped me to heal, and to realize that she was, after all, just a precious baby girl. A princess; every princess needs a castle.




























Having pretty things is not essential. What is essential is that Elina feels us telling her, in every little way, that she is treasured. We surround her with messages of hope and love, creating a place to dream, play, and rest.

A Sanctuary










 I make castles for a princess. Not a bad gig, eh?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...