Monday, June 4, 2012

More lemonade?

Summer is upon us in all its humid glory.





   After recovery, finals week, graduation, Mikey's CMA course, and a much needed week in Denver- I finally find myself here, ready to reflect and share about Elina. 

   Mikey and I have been wondering how to tell all  the people that we love that Elina is heading into another  surgery sooner than we thought. 


   As many of you know, Elina has been wearing glasses to try to correct the eye problem that intensified during her heart surgery recovery. We went to KC to see how the glasses were working. Our opthamologist told us that the crossing was stronger than before. Elina is having to switch back and forth between her eyes in order to focus. Not good!!!! 


   So I will leave you with a date: June 22nd. One week before Elina's birthday, she will be braving another procedure. 


PLEASE PRAY that this surgery is successful. We are told that the problem with her eyes lies within her brain. They are making some changes to the outer eye in  order to encourage the brain to straighten her vision. Some kids need to have eye surgery several times. We are praying for another miracle! We need your help in that. 


My mom and Elina spending some much needed time together









   To be honest, when I heard the news about Elina's eye problems, I felt defeated. I mean, here was my girl not even out of the hospital yet, having to deal with more. I was sitting in the hospital parking lot. In my dreams, I was going to ride off in triumph with my family and a girl who was whole and healed. I felt that this eye problem was enough to break me. Even now, there are times when I still feel as though life has been a bit unfair to her. I feel angry that I can't take her problems upon myself. 

   Then, I remember all the amazing graces that God has provided us along this journey. Then, I look upon a tiny girl who is brimming with both strength and joy. I realize that these trials have transformed me as a person, for the better. I am a thankful person- one who realizes that today is a gift.

Life has handed us some seemingly unwanted lemons. There are these things that make us feel angry and scared. God gives us a choice to take those things and to put them in his hands. He makes them into something beautiful. Lemons into lemonade. 

So, with this lemon in my hands, I take heart because I can trust that God is here. He is already taking our struggles and making them into something beautiful. 

More lemonade, please. 

***

 Summer is upon us. We are looking forward to ruffled swimsuits, a hot pink baby pool, and ferocious little hands splashing water with fervor. In the midst of all the appointments and procedures, we will find times to have some traditional summer fun.

  I will have some cute pool photos up soon! 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28

Believe it for yourselves, our world, and for our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...