Friday, March 16, 2012

Faster than a Speeding Bullet

When Elina went into the surgery, I was pretty educated on the recovery. However,  I did not anticipate the weight of the struggles. I did not understand the huge milestone of being able to breath on your own or maintaining a steady pulse.

Along the same lines, I expected Elina to heal well. Here I am, shocked, as I was after her catherization surgery, at her lightning paced recovery.

Big news is she if off the ventilator and breathing like a pro.


If that's not a big enough shock, try this one on for size; Elina's heart is now beating on it's own.



This is our last night in the icu. Since she is doing so well and eating great, she will be moving to the regular floor. We do not know how long she will need to stay there, but it will be much more relaxed for everyone. 




We are so thankful. 

We are so proud of our girl, who continues to amaze us with her strength.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...